St. Anthony's Parish Volunteer Greeting Ministry
1 Vera Sanger and Helen Dzurko
8 Craig & Donna Reed
15 Mike & Medora Krill
22 Dave & Christine Nichiporik
29 Charlene & Wayne Boyko
5 Eugene & Jeannie Ratsoy
12 Staub Family
19 Oleg & Tatsiana Savin
26 Rick, Rosa & Krysten Pysyk
3 Harry & Mary Nichiporik
10 Matt & Pat Zyha
17 Yamniuk family
24 Andreychuk family
31 Ken & Debbie Toker
Arrive before 9:15AM and prepare the Divine Liturgy booklets.
- Welcome everyone and ask guests to sign in.
- If it is their first visit to an Orthodox church, offer the mint green welcome package.
- Offer to seat our guests with a companion.
- If it is their first visit to St. Anthony's, offer the ivory envelope and the newsletter.
- Invite guests/newcomers to stay for lunch. Show an icon card and ask to meet at an icon table for lunch.
- One greeter should remain at the back during the service.
- Take the prayer list to elders at the start of the homily.
- Close doors at the beginning of the homily.
- Take the guest list to the elders at the end of Communion.
- Arrive by 9:30AM.
- Place ICON cards on the table in the fellowship hall.
- Be seated with them at designated guests seats (ICON cards,) preferably to their left.
- Facilitate integration of newcomers, assist as needed with Liturgy information (Gospel, Communion, and Veneration.)
- Invite guests to lunch, show them the ICON card, and meet them for lunch.
- Invite them to select brochures from the literature rack in the Narthex.
- Invite them to meet you at the ICON table downstairs.
- Introduce your guest(s) at the table to Dobr. Kathy.
Thank you to all the volunteers who continue to be part of the Greeters and Companions Ministry. On numerous occasions we have received positive feedback from visitors who feel very welcomed when they come to pray with us on Sundays. We are always looking for additional volunteers, especially companions, to participate in this ministry. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Dobr. Kathy. Even if you are not formally a part of this volunteer ministry, we encourage you to welcome guests to our Church with a smile, greeting, or invitation to lunch. The more people who approach visitors the better. Thank you for making St. Anthony's a home for everyone.