St. Anthony's Parish Volunteer Greeting Ministry
2 Dave & Christine Nichiporik
9 Wayne & Charlene Boyko
16 Eugene & Jeanne Ratsoy
23 Staub family
30 Alec & Tatsiana Savin
Arrive before 9:15AM and prepare the Divine Liturgy booklets.
- Welcome everyone and ask guests to sign in.
- If it is their first visit to an Orthodox church, offer the Welcome package.
- It it is their first visit to St. Anthony's, offer them the monthly schedule and/or newsletter.
- Offer to seat our guests with a companion.
- Invite guests/newcomers to stay for lunch.
- One greeter should remain at the back during the service.
- Take the prayer list to elders at the start of the homily.
- Take the guest list to the elders at the end of Communion.
- Facilitate integration of newcomers, assist as needed with Liturgy information (Gospel, Communion, and Veneration.)
- Invite guests to lunch, accompany them downstairs and sit with them during lunch.
- Invite them to select brochures from the literature rack in the Narthex.
- Introduce your guest(s) at the table to Dobr. Kathy.
Thank you to all the volunteers who continue to be part of the Greeters and Companions Ministry. On numerous occasions we have received positive feedback from visitors who feel very welcomed when they come to pray with us on Sundays. We are always looking for additional volunteers, especially companions, to participate in this ministry. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Dobr. Kathy. Even if you are not formally a part of this volunteer ministry, we encourage you to welcome guests to our Church with a smile, greeting, or invitation to lunch. The more people who approach visitors the better. Thank you for making St. Anthony's a home for everyone.